Mother of the Nation

Part of me I know its you
You gave your life for me to live
You've sacrifice too much, and I'll thank you
By this piece,from me, I offer only to you.

Why do I keep feeling this deep inside me?
The feeling that you don't even really love me
When you'll catch me on the place I shouldn't be
Given the punishment that you'll regret surely

Sometimes I feel that you are one of my enemies
You never let me go to the place I want to be
You always disagree on the things that I suggest
You keep on saying: "Mother knows best."

I really don't understand why you misunderstood
You always contradicted all my opinions
I have come to the point that I'll fight you back
Again, you'll say, "don't start". Then turn your back

Then there was this one time I didn't listen
I came to you, I was crying
I told you what had happened
And asked you, "Am I forgiven?"

You just sighed and held my hand
Whispered words that you always had
I looked into your eyes and then I realized
Your words are full of love that give life.

Now I know what you really mean
I promise you I will never argue again
Your words, I made them my inspiration
Because you deserve to be called, "Mother of the Nation."

0 comments: